Saturday, June 19, 2010

California, here I come

When I was in eighth grade, our Chorus teacher, Mary Randazzo, had us to "All American Express." It was a medley of various songs that had states in the titles. And the one for California was:

California here I come/
Right back where I started from/
Where bowers of flowers bloom in the sun/
Each morning at dawning, birdies sing and everything/
A sun-kissed miss said, "Don't be late."/
That's why I can hardly wait./
Open up that golden gate/
California, here I come.

And I remember all of the words today. I could not tell you where my keys are at any given moment, but I remember that and many lines from Facts of Life episodes...

Tomorrow, I head off to Sacramento for a month. Don't worry, I will be blogging from there. Have you ceased worrying? Should I give you a moment?

Okay, while I am allowing you to adjust to the shock of a Steven-free NYC, I will just entertain myself by remembering that episode where Tootie has a dream that is narrated by Rod Serling in the Twilight Zone. They do a hybrid Twilight Zone/ And Then There Were None bit where one by one all of the girls are murdered (this is a dream, remember) And then in the end it is someone who you least expect who did the killing...And the fake Rod Serling keeps saying, "Tootie. I love to say Tootie." It's pretty amazing TV.

Ummmm...are you over the shock and dismay? Good b/c soon I will figure out how to post pictures to this and then I will be posting home made videos and pictures from life out in
California.

Keep watching the promos and episodes we are rolling out and send them to your friends on facebook!!!!


xoxo

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment